Energy improvements through a Maryland Home Performance with ENERGY STAR can:
Save you money
- Homes that have been improved through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR cost significantly less to heat and cool.
- Home energy savings can range from 10-40%.
Make you more comfortable
- Foaming, caulking and weatherstripping, adding insulation can help to eliminate drafts and air pockets that cause uncomfortable cold spots and overheated rooms.
- Many homeowners also report reduced dust in their homes after completing Home Performance with ENERGY STAR projects.
Improve your home’s ventilation and humidity control
- Sealing air leaks and installing correctly-sized, energy-efficient heating and cooling equipment can dramatically increase the feeling of comfort in your home.
- Improved ventilation and humidity control can also reduce your home’s potential for mold.
- Reduce your home’s environmental impact. Most energy in our homes comes from the burning of fossil fuels (coal and natural gas) that produce greenhouse gases (these gases such as carbon dioxide and methane trap heat in the atmostphere) By saving energy, youreduce your home’s contribution to greenhouse gases. reducing emissions of greenhouse gases.
- A modest 20% energy savings in a typical Maryland home can save 6,350 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2), the equivalent of taking half a car off the road.
Home Improvement Results
Roll over the improvements listed below to view the home improvement results.
Return to Home Efficiency and Comfort.
Next step: Find a contractor serving your area.
Click below to view the page. The icon denotes the current selection.
Click here to see how the Urciolo family improved their home with Maryland Home Performance!